As you may all know, Sacramento is the capital city of U.S California, and the seat of government in Sacramento county. It is at the confluence of the Sacramento River and the American River in the northern portion of California’s expansive Central Valley. Just waking up this morning sure is really cold, though I have my heater beside me while sleeping at night still you can tell how freezing it is outside from looking at the windows because of the frozen ice and sweating. My understanding of the weather here in Sacramento since I moved here. Is that when its Summer/Hot temperature Sacramento weather sure will be really hot it could go up more than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, some people prefer it. But when its winter time its really really cold because we are living in the central valley.
The temperature this morning at this time and its already past 10am is still freezing 39 degrees Fahrenheit which is not that bad. Compare to where I used to live in Des Moines, IA and Ankeny, IA Mid west is known for Winter snowing weather during this time of the year. So i kinda got used to the cold temperature but you still want to wear something that will not catch you a cold, pneumonia, so be safe peeps, always wear something warm out there, especially if your traveling. Its also December and its time for Holidays, so just want to shout out to everyone to be safe this holiday season and keep warm and cozy!
Some items i suggest you will have in your bag/travel bag are the following hope these lists will help you somehow during this time of year; For more detailed additional tips how to handle during this time of season please refer link to abc7news site. I hope these will help you prevent you from getting sick and still be active and be aware of your surroundings.
- Warm Sweater/Jackets/Hats/Gloves/Socks – This sure will help you from getting colds, pneumonia, any other cold side effects.
- Medicine – such as cough drops, colds and cough syrup (vicks, robittusin etc.) Tylenol, something to prevent you from not having to have any fever during this time of year.
- First Aid Kit – it is still safe to have one in your trunk or in glove box in your car for safety issue and in case of emergency but if its a major incident please always call 911.
- Lip balm – always carry one in your bag, as during cold winter like this your lips tends to crack and lip balm is clinically assist you and it will help you with this.
- Lotion – helps your skin prevent from drying. it sure does help a lot especially in this cold weather.
- Blankets – I dont know about you but i do carry a blanket in my trunk, it does help especially when you are travelling.
- Warm Drinks/Thermos/Water Bottle – this will help your body temperature. maybe you can keep a thermos with some hot water and bring a packets of coffee, sugar, or green tea would be nice to keep you going.
- Food bars/Energy bars – I know it might not need to be necessary to include these but i think it does help somehow especially the cravings and that if you cant eat on time, this snack bars help you prevent from hunger? why not right.
- Flashlight – I always keep one in my car and one small one in my bag. It can help look for items or especially at night for emergency purposes.
Thank you again for dropping by, for reading my posts, I appreciate it all. Hope you have a blessed Holidays, Please be safe all the time. Take care, Love Lots – CL